At Charlton we aim to ensure that all children take part in, and enjoy, appropriate sporting activities, both as part of the curriculum provision and in the lunchtime and after school clubs that are provided. We understand the importance and the long-term impact sport and physical education can have on our children’s lives – not only now but also in their future.
Please click here for more information about PE curriculum
Sports Premium Funding
This funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools.
At Charlton School the Governors and Headteacher believe the purpose of the Sports Premium should be:
- To sustain and improve the provision of P.E. and School Sport through out the whole school.
- To ensure that teachers and support staff offer high quality Physical Education as part of the school curriculum and that continual professional development for existing staff is on-going.
- To ensure that we have the correct equipment to enable high quality delivery of the curriculum.
- To provide appropriate competitive School Sport opportunities for all children who wish to take part.
- To identify and engage with those children who are less active and therefore, less likely to choose sport and exercise as a lifestyle choice.
- To work in partnership with other organisations (SGO) and schools to maximise the potential of the P.E. and School sport funding and make best use of the facilities within the school grounds
- To give a broad base of extra- curricular activities for those who wish to take part.
Provision through Dover Sports Games:
- Inter-school competitions
- Sports crew training for inter-school competitions
- CPD opportunities in gym, cricket and tennis
- Afterschool clubs (gym and multi skills)
- New curriculum support
- Bikeability training (PE budget)